Monday, October 4, 2010

In love with God again

I think I'm in love with God again ... like when I first met Jesus, my Savior and Lord. God is starting to stir things up again in my soul and I feel alive again, with a purpose again ... a greater purpose than what I thought I was here for ... a much greater purpose than to be a wife, a mother and a good person ... a purpose to be a Godly wife who supports her husband, a Godly mother who raises and guides her child according to God's word, and a Godly woman who impacts people's lives by the way that she lives her life ... God is teaching me that He lives in eternity and that one day for Him is like a thousand years, and that a thousand years is like one day for Him ... that He is almighty, graceful, provider, kind, patient, loving, just, righteous, merciful, strong, everlasting, everything, sufficient ... that he also mourns with those who mourns, laughs with those who laugh, and feels what we feel .. that He is a sympathetic and empathetic God, who cares for me ... who chose me so that I could chose Him over other gods .... who loved me first so that I could learn what love meant ... and could love others ... who died for me so that I could die to myself everyday on behalf of the ones I love ... who sacrificed his being on behalf of me, so that I could do the same for the ones I love (and that I don't love), even and specially when I don't want to sacrifice ... who wants the best for me, so that I can have a glimpse of His love for me ... 

Today He took me to a passage in Isaiah 26:3 that says: "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you". God's promise here is that He will keep in peace those whose mind is firm in Him, because he trusts in God ... the reason his mind is steadfast in God is that he trusts God ... because He trusts God, he is able to take his thoughts captive to God ... he is able to walk by faith and not by sight ... to have hope in the midst of suffering ... those whose mind are firm in God will have PEACE ...

1 comment:

  1. Não percebi que este era um outro Blog, por isso não entrei antes.
    Que coisas lindas você escreve! Acalentam o coração e renovam a nossa fé.
    Ainda não consegui ler todos os artigos, mas pretendo ler um por dia, pelo menos.
    Te amo.

    ReplyDelete